Carers and disability benefits cortesy of Direct Gov

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults

    Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for adults – DLA rates, eligibility, changes because of Personal Independence Payment

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) rates

    Disability Living Allowance (DLA) is paid at different rates depending on how your disability affects you

  • Carer’s Allowance

    Apply for Carer’s Allowance – money to help you look after someone who needs to be cared for. Apply online or use form DS700

  • Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

    Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) money if you can’t work because of illness or disability – rates, eligibility, apply, assessment

  • Access to Work

    Access to Work is money to help you do your job if you have a disability or health condition – eligibility, how to apply

  • Apply for Carer’s Allowance

    Money to help you look after someone who needs to be cared for – how to apply, what you need, report a change in circumstances

  • Attendance Allowance

    Attendance Allowance helps pay for your personal care if you’re older or disabled – rates, eligibility, apply, claim form AA1A

  • Become an appointee for someone claiming benefits

    Apply to become an appointee for someone claiming benefits – how to apply, stop being an appointee

  • Benefit enquiry line

    The benefit enquiry line is now closed.

  • Benefits calculators

    Find out what benefits you could get, how much you could get and how to claim

  • Blind Person’s Allowance

    Blind Person’s Allowance is an extra amount you can earn before paying tax – what you’ll get, eligibility, how to apply and how to transfer your allowance

  • Carer’s Allowance: report changes

    Report changes in circumstances if you’re claiming or have applied for Carer’s Allowance – if you get a job, take a break from caring for someone, stop being a carer

  • Carer’s Credit

    Carer’s Credit helps carers build up National Insurance contributions for State Pensions – what you’ll get, eligibility and how to claim

  • Carers UK

    Get advice and support for carers and the people they care for – telephone, email, opening hours, website

  • Check how Personal Independence Payment (PIP) affects you

    Personal Independence Payment (PIP) – if you get Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or want to make a new claim for PIP

  • Coal health compensation claims

    Compensation schemes for British Coal and National Coal Board miners and pneumoconiosis, vibration white finger (VWF), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) – how to claim

  • Complain about the Disability and Carers Service

    How to complain about the Disability and Carers Service if you’re unhappy with the service you have received

  • Complain to the Independent Case Examiner

    Complain about Jobcentre Plus, Pension Disability and Carers Service, Financial Assistance Scheme, Child Support Agency or Independent Living Fund

  • Contact the Carer’s Allowance Unit

    Contact information for Carer’s Allowance Unit, telephone number and address

  • Disability Benefits Centre

    Contact information for queries about Disability Living Allowance, Personal Independence Payment and Attendance Allowance claims that have already been made

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA) for children

    Help for children under 16 with disabilities – DLA rate, eligibility, how to apply, claim form, assessment

  • Disability premiums (Income Support)

    A disability premium is extra money if you’re under 60 with health problems that stop you from working – what you get, eligibility, apply

  • Disabled Facilities Grants

    Disabled Facilities Grants help towards the costs of making changes to your home so you can continue to live there

  • Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs)

    Disabled Students’ Allowance is extra money for higher education students – DSA1 forms, eligibility, how to apply, needs assessment

  • Financial help if you’re disabled

    Financial help if you’re disabled – benefits, housing costs, council tax, vehicle tax exemption, TV Licence, motability schemes, VAT relief

  • Help if you have a disabled child

    Your rights and the support you can get if you have a disabled child, including childcare, car costs, house adaptations and education

  • Incapacity Benefit

    Incapacity Benefit is help if you couldn’t work because of an illness or disability before 31 January 2011 – rates and changes to Incapacity Benefit

  • Income Support

    Income Support is extra money to help people on a low income or none at all – rates, eligibility and how to claim

  • Independent Living Fund

    The Independent Living Fund (ILF) provides funds to help disabled people live an independent life – closed to new applications, reviews of existing payments

  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)

    Personal Independence Payment (PIP) replaces Disability Living Allowance (DLA) – how and when to claim, rates, eligibility

  • Reduced Earnings Allowance

    Reduced Earnings Allowance can help if your income falls because of a work-related accident or disease – what you’ll get, eligibility and how to claim

  • Severe Disablement Allowance

    Severe Disablement Allowance is being phased out – people with severe disabilities can get Employment and Support Allowance instead

  • Vaccine Damage Payment

    A Vaccine Damage Payment is a one-off tax-free payment of £120,000 if you’re severely disabled as a result of vaccination against certain diseases – what you’ll get, eligibility and applying

  • What to do if you become disabled

    What happens if you become disabled – benefits, your rights, help from your council and your employer’s responsibilities

  • Work Choice

    Work Choice can help you get and keep a job if you’re disabled and find it hard to work – help you can get, join the scheme